- Born: July 17, 1674, Southampton, England.
- Died: November 25, 1748, Stoke Newington, England.
- Buried: Bunhill Fields Cemetery, London, England.
List of Works
Hymns and Religious Poetry
Hymnals and Poetry Books
(Editor Notes: It is probably that none of these listed are the original printings; feel free to merge articles in ones with the dates of their original printings—still keep the links to the Google Books pages of all printings, however. Also, some of these may be by other authors and just contain his works.)
- Psalmodia Germanica: Or, A Specimen of Divine Hymns, Translated from the High Dutch, 1772
- Hymns and Spiritual Songs: In Three Books, 1773
- Divine Songs, Attempted in Easy Language, for the Use of Children, 1800
- The Psalms of David: Imitated in the Language of the New-Testament, and Applied to the Christian State and Worship, 1802
- Horæ Lyricæ: Poems, Chiefly of the Lyric Kind in Three Books, 1802
- A New Selection of Seven Hundred Evangelical Hymns: For Private, Family, and Public Worship, 1815
- Psalms, Carefully Suited to the Christian Worship in the United States of America, 1818
- An Arrangement of the Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs of the Rev. Isaac Watts, 1821
- The Psalms of David: Imitated in the Language of the New Testament, and Adapted to the Christian Use and Worship, 1821
- Village Hymns for Social Worship.: Selected and Original: Designed as a Supplement to Dr. Watts's Psalms and Hymns, 1824
- Divine and Moral Songs, Attempted in Easy Language, for the Use of Children, 1829
- Church Psalmody: A Collection of Psalms and Hymns, Adapted to Public Worship, 1834
- Psalms and Hymns for Public Worship: Containing All the Psalms and Hymns of Dr. Watts, Which Are Deemed Valuable, Together with a New Version of all the Psalms and Many Original Hymns, besides a Large Collection from Other Writers, 1835
- The Psalms and Hymns of Dr. Watts, 1836
- Divine and Moral Songs for the Use of Children, 1848
- Parish Psalmody: A Collection of Psalms and Hymns for Public Worship, 1849
- Horæ Lyricæ and Divine Songs, 1854
- The Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs of the Rev. Isaac Watts: To which Are Added, Selected Hymns, from Other Authors; and Directions for Musical Expression, 1855
- The Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs of the Isaac Watts: To Which Are Added, Selected Hymns, from Other Authors; and Directions for Musical Expression, 1860
- Church Psalmody: A Collection of Psalms and Hymns, Adapted to Public Worship, 1864
- Divine and Moral Songs for Children, 1866
- Orthodoxy and charity united: in several reconciling essays on the Law and ..., 1745—by Isaac Watts.
- Logick: Or, The Right Use of Reason in the Inquiry After Truth. With a ..., 1763— by Isaac Watts.
- A short view of the whole Scripture history, 1777—by Isaac Watts.
- The doctrine of the passions explained and improved. Or, A brief and ..., 1770—by Isaac Watts.
- Logic: Or, the Right Use of Reason in the Inquiry After Truth, 1792—by Isaac Watts.
- Logick: Or, the Right Use of Reason, in the Enquiry After Truth, ..., 1797—by Isaac Watts.
- Logic, Or The Right Use of Reason in the Inquiry After Truth: With a Variety ..., 1806—by Isaac Watts.
- A Selection of Hymns from the Best Authors: Intended to be an Appendix to Dr ..., 1807—by John Rippon and Isaac Watts.
- The Works of the Rev. Isaac Watts D.D. in Nine Volumes, 1812— (Sermons) by Isaac Watts.
- The Beauties of the Late Rev. Dr. Isaac Watts, 1821—by Isaac Watts.
- The Life of the Late Reverend and Learned Dr. Cotton Mather: Of Boston, (New ..., 1829—by Samuel Mather, Isaac Watts and David Jennings.
- A Short View of the Whole Scripture History: With a Continuation of the ..., 1831—by Isaac Watts and Richard Cunningham Shimeall.
- The Improvement of the Mind: To which are Added A Discourse on the Education ..., 1832—By Isaac Watts.
- The Improvement of the Mind, 1885—by Isaac Watts and Stephen Norris Fellows.
Books Related to This Author (not by him)
- The Divine and Moral Songs of Isaac Watts: An Essay Thereon and a Tentative ..., 1918—by Wilbur Macey Stone.