When All Thy Mercies, O My God
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. When all thy mercies, O my God,
My happy soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I'm lost
In wonder, love, and praise.
2. Thy providence my life sustained,
And all my wants redressed;
When in the silent womb I lay,
And hung upon the breast.
3. Unnumbered comforts, Lord of all,
Thy tender care bestowed,
Before my infant heart conceived
From whom those comforts flowed.
4. When in the slipp'ry paths of youth,
With heedless steps I ran,
Thy arm, unseen, conveyed me safe,
And led me on to man.
5. When worn by sickness, oft hast thou
With health renewed my face;
And when in sins and sorrows sunk,
Revived my soul with grace.
6. Thy bounteous hand, with various good,
Hath made my cup run o'er;
And in thy Son, my dearest friend,
Hath doubled all my store.
7. Through all eternity, my God,
A joyful song I'll raise;
But, oh! eternity's too short
To utter all thy praise.