Soon as I heard My Father Say
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. Soon as I heard my Father say,
"Ye children, seek my grace,"
My heart replied without delay,
"I'll seek my father's face."
2. Let not thy face be hid from me,
Nor frown my soul away!
God of my life, I fly to thee
In a distressing day.
3. Should friends and kindred near and dear,
Leave me to want or die,
My God would make my life his care,
And all my need supply.
4. My fainting flesh had died with grief,
Had not my soul believed,
To see thy grace provide relief;
Nor was my hope deceived.
5. Wait on the Lord, ye trembling saints,
And keep your courage up;
He'll raise your spirit when it faints,
And far exceed your hope.