O God, on Thee We All Depend
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. O God, on thee we all depend
On thy paternal care:
Thou wilt the Father and the Friend
In every act appear!
2. With open hand, and lib'ral heart,
Thou wilt our wants supply;
The needful blessings still impart,
And no good thing deny.
3. Our Father knows what's good and fit,
And wisdom guides his love:
To thine appointments we submit,
And every choice approve.
4. In thy paternal love and care,
With cheerful hearts we trust,
Thy tender mercies boundless are,
And all thy thoughts are just.
5. We cannot want while God provides;
What he ordains is best;
And heaven, whate'er we want besides,
Will give eternal rest.