My God, the Spring of All My Joys
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. My God, the spring of all my joys,
The life of my delights,
The glory of my brightest days,
And comfort of my nights!
2. In darkest shades, if thou appear,
My dawning is begun:
Thou art my soul's bright morning star,
And thou my rising sun.
3. The op'ning heavens around me shine,
With beams of sacred bliss,
If Jesus shows his mercy mine,
And whispers I am his.
4. My soul would leave this heavy clay
At that transporting word;
Run up with joy the shining way,
To see and praise my Lord.
5. Fearless of hell and ghastly death,
I'd break through every foe;
The wings of love and arms of faith
Would bear me conq'ror through.