Let Every Mortal Ear Attend
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. Let ev'ry mortal ear attend,
And ev'ry heart rejoice -
The trumpet of the gospel sounds
With an inviting voice.
2. Ho! all ye hungry, starving souls,
That feed upon the wind,
And vainly strive with earthly toys
To fill an empty mind:
3. The blessed Saviour hath prepared
A soul-reviving feast,
And bid your longing appetites
The rich provision taste.
4. Ho! ye that pant for living streams,
And pine away and die,
Here you may quench your raging thirst,
With springs that never dry.
5. Rivers of love and mercy here,
In a rich ocean join:
Salvation in abundance flows
Like floods of milk and wine.
6. The gates of glorious gospel grace,
Stand open night and day:
Lord, we are come to seek supplies,
And drive our wants away.