John Mason Neale
John Mason Neale was an Anglican ("High Church") priest and mediaeval studies scholar who made many of the most important English translations of mediaeval Latin and (especially) Greek hymn texts.
Probably his best known original lyric is the St. Stephen's Day carol (generally thought of as a Christmas carol) Good King Wenceslas.
- All Glory, Laud, and Honour
- A Great and Mighty Wonder
- Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation, 1851
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O Trinity of Blessed Light
- Sing, My Tongue, the Glorious Battle
- To Thee Before the Close of Day