God of All Consolation, Take
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. God of all consolation, take
The glory of thy grace;
Thy gifts to thee we render back,
In ceaseless songs of praise.
2. Through thee we now together came,
In singleness of heart;
We met, O Jesus, in thy name,
And in thy name we part.
3. We part in body, not in mind;
Our minds continue one;
And each to each, in Jesus joined,
We hand in hand go on.
4. Subsists as in us all one soul;
No power can make us twain;
And mountains rise, and oceans roll,
To sever us in vain.
5. Present we still in spirit are,
And intimately nigh;
While, on the wings of faith and prayer,
We each to other fly.
6. Our souls are in his mighty hand,
And he shall keep them still;
And you and I shall surely stand
With him on Zion's hill.
7. Him eye to eye we there shall see,
Our face like his shall shine;
O what a glorious company,
When saints and angels join.
8. O what a joyful meeting there,
In robes of white arrayed;
Palms in our hands we all shall bear,
And crowns upon our head.
9. Then let us lawfully contend,
And fight our passage through;
Bear in our faithful minds the end,
And keep the prize in view.
10. Then let us hasten to the day,
When all shall be brought home:
Come, O Redeemer, come away,
O Jesus, quickly come.