Father, to Thee My Soul I Lift
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. Father, to thee my soul I lift;
My soul on thee depends,
Convinced that every perfect gift
From thee alone descends.
2. Mercy and grace are thine alone,
And power and wisdom too;
Without the Spirit of thy Son
We nothing good can do.
3. We cannot speak one useful word,
One holy thought conceive,
Unless, in answer to our Lord,
Thyself the blessing give.
4. His blood demands the purchased grace;
His blood's availing plea
Obtained the help for all our race,
And sends it down to me.
5. Thou all our works in us hast wrought;
Our good is all divine;
The praise of every virtuous thought,
And righteous word, is thine.
6. From thee, through Jesus, we receive
The power on thee to call,
In whom we are, and move, and live;
Our God is all in all!
7. Open their graves, and bring
The outcasts forth, to own
Thou art their Lord, their God, their King,
Their true Anointed One.
8. To save the race forlorn,
Thy glorious arm display!
And show the world a nation born,
A nation in a day!