Come Sinners to the Gospel Feast
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
1. Come sinners to the Gospel feast;
Let every soul be Jesus' guest;
Ye need not one be left behind,
For God hath bidden all mankind.
3. Sent by my Lord, on you I call;
The invitation is to all:
Come, all the world; come sinner thou;
All things in Christ are ready now.
4. Come, all ye souls by sin oppressed,
Ye restless wanderers after rest,
Ye poor, and maimed, and halt, and blind,
In Christ a hearty welcome find.
5. Come, and partake the gospel feast;
Be saved from sin - in Jesus rest:
O taste the goodness of your God,
And eat his flesh, and drink his blood!
6. Ye vagrant souls, on you I call;
(O that my voice could reach you all!)
Ye all may now be justified;
Ye all may live, for Christ hath died.
7. My message as from God receive;
Ye all may come to Christ, and live;
O let his love your hearts constrain,
Nor suffer him to die in vain!
8. His love is mighty to compel;
His conquering love consent to feel;
Yield to his love's resistless power,
And fight against your God no more.
9. See him set forth before your eyes,
That precious, bleeding sacrifice!
His offered benefits embrace,
And freely now be saved by grace.
10. This is the time - no more delay;
This is the acceptable day;
Come in, this moment, at his call,
And live for him who died for all.