Away with Our Fears! The Glad Morning Appears
- Copyright: Public Domain
Lyrics from A Collection of Sacred Hymns for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Europe, 1840
10 9 11 9
1. Away with our fears! The glad morning appears,
When an heir of salvation was born!
From Jehovah I came, For his glory I am,
And to him I with singing return.
2. Thee, Jesus, alone, The fountain I own
Of my life and felicity here;
And cheerfully sing my Redeemer and King.
Till his sign in the heavens appear.
3. With thanks I rejoice in thy fatherly choice
Of my state and condition below;
If of parents I came Who honoured thy name,
'Twas thy wisdom appointed it so.
4. I sing of thy grace, from my earliest days
Ever near to allure and defend:
Hitherto thou hast been My preserver from sin,
And I trust thou wilt save to the end.
5. O the infinite cares, And temptations, and snares,
Thy hand hath conducted me through!
O the blessings bestowed By a bountiful God,
And the mercies eternally new!
6. What a mercy is this, What a heaven of bliss,
How unspeakably happy am I!
Gathered into the fold, With thy people enrolled,
With thy people to live and to die!
7. O the goodness of God, Employing a clod
His tribute of glory to raise!
His standard to bear, And with triumph declare
His unspeakable riches of grace!
8. O the fathomless love, That has deigned to approve,
And prosper the work of my hands!
With my pastoral crook I went over the brook,
And, behold, I am spread into bands!
9. Who, I ask in amaze, Hath begotten me these?
And inquire from what quarter they came?
My full heart it replies, They are born from the skies,
And gives glory to God and the Lamb.
10. All honour and praise To the Father of grace,
To the Spirit, and Son, I return!
The business pursue, he hath made me to do,
And rejoice that I ever was born.