Our God, We Raise to Thee
Known in Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1985 as 'God Bless Our Prophet Dear', although it omits the first verse and a few words are different.
Tune from Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 18
- Copyright: Public Domain
- Source: Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 18
- Contributor: Veramet 03:46, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- God Save the King, attributed to Henry Carey (1687–1743)
- Copyright: public domain
- Ephraim, by Harry A. Dean (1892–1987)
Lyrics from Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 18
1. Our God, we raise to Thee Thanks for Thy blessings free We here enjoy; In this far western land, A true and chosen band, Led hither by Thy hand, We sing for joy. 2. Bless Thou our Prophet dear; May health and comfort cheer His noble heart; His words with fire impress On souls that Thou wilt bless; To choose in righteousness, The better part. 3. So shall Thy kingdom spread, As by Thy Prophets said, From sea to sea; As one united whole Truth burn in ev'ry soul, While hast'ning to the goal We long to see. 4. O may Thy saints be one, Like Father and the Son, Nor disagree; United heart and hand, So may they ever stand, A firm and valiant band, Eternally.
- Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 18