God Be with You till We Meet Again
Using the tune 'God Be with You' as found in Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 31
- Copyright: Public Domain
- Source: Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 31
- Contributor: Veramet 08:57, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
Arrangement by Mark Hamilton Dewey, using the tune God Be with You
- All eight verses play with karaoke functionality optimized for vanBasco's Karaoke Player
- LilyPond (for the PDF)
- The other verses exist in the LY file, but if you want them in the sheet music you'll have to uncomment the code for that and put the correct stanza numbers in.
- LilyPond (for the MIDI)
- Arrangement Copyright: Public Domain—released to the public domain by the composer on 4 August 2007 (most parts were already released to the public domain earlier in 2007).
- Contributer: Veramet 16:13, 4 August 2007 (MDT) (Contributed by the arranger)
- Voicing: SSAATTBB (or SSA)
- Arrangement Notes: This was originally written as an SSA arrangement, but the arranger decided it was easier to write full choir parts than a piano accompaniment. All in all, the full choir version sounds much like the regular arrangement, with a fuller sound and a few differences here and there that were necessary to keep it functional as an SSA arrangement. (If something more unique is desired, try singing it SSA.) The chord progression is almost exactly like that of the original.
Lyrics from Relief Society Song Book, 1919, no. 31
- Note: There are other verses in other publications (at least eight verses, in total, including these)
1. God be with you till we meet again, By His counsels guide, uphold you, With His sheep securely fold you, God be with you till we meet again. Chorus. Till we meet, till we meet, Till we meet at Jesus’ feet; Till we meet, till we meet, God be with you till we meet again. 2. God be with you till we meet again, When life’s perils thick confound you, Put His arms unfailing round you, God be with you till we meet again. 3. God be with you till we meet again, Keep love’s banner floating o’er you, Smite death’s threat’ning wave before you, God be with you till we meet again.