External Sheet Music Links
- Note: These lyrics differ from those commonly used, today, in and out of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. See the external links section below.
1. Come, ye disconsolate, where'er you languish,
Come, at the mercy seat fervently kneel;
Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish,
Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
2. Joy of the desolate, light of the straying,
Hope, when all others die, fadeless and pure;
Here speaks the Comforter, in mercy saying,
"Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot cure."
3. Author of holiness! source of salvation!
Thou art our fathers' God—thou art our stay!
Bringing our grateful hearts in adoration,
Here we will praise thee, and here we will pray.
Books that reference this hymn
- Little Women, 1868, by Louisa May Alcott (Chapter 43: It was said to be Beth's favorite hymn—although the hymn title was not mentioned; rather, just part of the lyrics: “Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal;”)